Lantern Workshops + Parades
Friday, October 9, 2015
Lantern making workshops 4-6pm, parades depart at 7:30pm, Hodgkins Park
We’re very excited to be bringing back Friday night lantern parades for the fourth year! Teaming up with The Puppet Free Library, Parts & Crafts, and Spontaneous Celebrations to host light and lantern-making workshops with kids and adults! We’ll mix the nighttime sounds of HONK! with homemade lanterns, blinking bike lights, and the warm welcome of neighbors watching from their front porches around Hodgkins Park.
Come from 4:00 – 6:00pm to make your lantern, then gather at 7pm before the parades depart from the park at 7:30pm!
There are 6 parade routes leaving from Hodgkins Park and traveling throughout the surrounding neighborhood:
- Route 1: Artesian Rumble Arkestra (Olympia, WA)
- Route 2: The Brass Balagan (Burlington, VT)
- Route 3: Emperor Norton’s Stationary Marching Band (Somerville, MA)
- Route 4: Gora Gora Orkestar (Boulder, CO)
- Route 5: Rude Mechanical Orchestra (New York City, NY)
- Route 6: Ten Man Brass Band (Seattle, WA)